Wednesday, March 17, 2010

AJDT for Helios now available

Just a quick note to let you know that AJDT targeting Helios (Eclipse 3.6) is now available from the following update site:
  http://download.eclipse.org/tools/ajdt/36/dev/update
AspectJ-aware PDE export facilities are currently broken. I am not planning on fixing it. Instead, I have been working with the PDE team on an alternative solution. See Ability to override javac task during pde builds (Bugzilla). I'll write more about this later, but the solution is much more elegant than what is currently available in AJDT for 3.5 and earlier.

Also, as a bonus, this version includes intertype declaration (ITD) -aware Java search. Finally, ITDs are completely first-class citizens in the workspace. I'll write more about this later, too.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh. ITD-aware search... juicy!

    Just as I'm warming up a whole load of colleagues to Roo-style ITDs for reducing the complexity of our Spring Controller code :)

    ReplyDelete